Paguro Marine Generators
When comparing generators
Always ask what the continuous output rating is, in kilowatts. Many companies label their generators with the ‘nominal’ output (a rating only acceptable for short periods) in KVA.
1. Paguro generators are labelled by continuous KVA / KW
There are three ways marine 230V generators commonly make power, ‘synchronous’, ‘permanent magnet’ and ‘asynchronous’. ‘Synchronous’ is the most popular due to its inherent ability to cope with short but very high demand for current, to start such machines as air-conditioning units and water-makers.
2. Paguro generators employ only “synchronous” or “permanent magnet” alternators.
The alternator of a generator creates a lot of heat when generating electricity. Water cooling of the alternator is very important as it eliminates the need for air to be blown through the sound shield as this causes heat and noise. Air cooled alternators run hotter in hot climates, reducing their power output (de-rating). Water cooled alternators do no de-rate in hot climates as sea water temperature variations are not significant. Direct raw water-cooling is more efficient than indirect fresh water-cooling.
3. Paguro alternators are engineered for optimum performance using raw water cooling.
Quiet, compact, reliable and cost effective. The Paguro range has become a popular marine generator, especially for customers working with minimal space.
- Powerful – the most powerful in their class. Their synchronous and permanent magnet alternators generate high peak capability enabling them to start power hungry equipment such as air conditioning and water-makers.
- Peace and quiet – water-cooled and feature an enhanced triple skin soundproof capsule with advanced anti-vibration feet (internal and external), ensuring noise and vibration are kept to a minimum.
- Compact – compact and light, enabling ease of installation and ensuring minimal loss of valuable storage space
- It makes sense – supplied complete with a remote control panel with a unique real time power monitor so that you can see “at a glance” how much power you are using and how much is available.
- Clean power – produce a clean sine wave, enabling the use of laptops and other common domestic equipment.
- Easy to service – all fitted with an oil change hand pump, making changing the oil a clean and simple job.
- Engineered for simplicity and reliability – manufactured using proven techniques and high grade materials to ensure a long life in the marine environment.
- Independence – allow you to enjoy the full potential of your boat, giving you the freedom to cruise in comfort and safety.